>

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Lemon Cupcakes with Raspberry Frosting

     After watching a million videos on Youtube about cupcake decorating, I decided I HAD to finally try and make some of my own to test out some of the cool techniques. So I went out, bought some ingredients and basic cake decorating items and made some delicious Lemon Raspberry Cupcakes.




  



Here is the video I watched that inspired me to try this flowery cupcake design using a special piping tip with frosting.









In the video, she used the Wilton Tip 123, but I couldn't for the life of me find that freakin tip! So I had to go for the closest one and got the 125. And here is how mine turned out.



 





     As you can see my cupcakes turned out to be more flat :( But I realized that its because I opted for a buttercream frosting instead of the Italian Meringue, and buttercream recipes tend to be  bit more runny than Italian Meringue and other types of decorator frosting. I think if I hadn't gotten too excited, and thought to chill my frosting in the fridge for about an hour or two, it could have been more stable and be able to hold its shape better. Overall, I think it was great for a first attempt--and they still tasted so yummy!





No comments:

Post a Comment