>

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Hawaiian Themed Cupcakes

     So this past Saturday was my uncle's 60th birthday party and my mom asked if I'd like to make some cupcakes to bring over as a gift. And ofcourse I was super excited and said yes because that meant I got to bake and decorate cupcakes! I searched online for hours to check out some Hawaiian cupcake designs--but most were a little too over the top and didn't look like they'd be as tasty as they looked. Finally though, after a couple nights of searching around, I found this simple yet elegant design that would be perfect!





      Although I followed most of the techniques and recipes used on the site, I did decide to bake yellow butter cupcakes instead and use a vanilla buttercream frosting. I just thought that the light colors of the cake would look better than if I had baked chocolate cakes since I also dyed the frosting sky blue/teal since the invitations were that color.

     I only have pictures from when the cupcakes were finished since my sister (who did an AMAZING job on the flowers) and I only had about 2 hours to bake the cupcakes, make the frosting, chill it, pipe it out, and make the fondant flowers. She helped me with cutting and putting together the petals, and I got to brush it with the golden sparkles.

Anyways here is how they turned out!




My relatives were really impressed by how they turned out, and they disappeared faster than the birthday cake--so to me that screams only SUCCESS! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment